You are Here:
Bushnell Elite Tactical line & Burris XTR II - glass clarity

Author (Read 2181 times)

Bushnell Elite Tactical line & Burris XTR II - glass clarity
« on: October 21, 2016, 07:37:13 PM »

DenverDave

• Target Painter
  • FNG
I am curious about the glass clarity in the Bushnell Elite Tactical line. I own one of the lower priced SFP, ERS models and would like to know if the glass is the same throughout the line. For example, is the same glass used in the XRS as the ERS?  The Bushnell website description does not list any differences in the specs.

Lastly, I would be interested in hearing folks opinions regarding the Bushnell ET glass vs. Burris XTR II.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Bushnell Elite Tactical line & Burris XTR II - glass clarity
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 09:03:16 AM »

Extortion

• Marksman
  • Garrett
I enjoyed my Bushnell ET when I had it.  I eventually upgraded to a S&B but that was more me wanting "cool guy" gear.  The Bushnell had great glass I thought.
It pays to be a winner.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 02:46:42 AM »

DenverDave

• Target Painter
  • FNG
I have a Bushy ET.  The glass is good. I think the XTR has it beat though. Especially in low light.  I am thinking about upgrading my XTR II ($1200isj) to a scope that's in the next bracket up, so to speak, the $2k-$2.5k price range. Not quite S&B but something like a XRS or Razor gen 2.  Familiar with the Bushy ET glass in my LRS I would be disappointed if the XRS was the same clarity wise.  IMO I already have better glass in my XTR II, so it would not be much of an upgrade from where I am sitting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 11:01:11 AM »

Jake_Freese

• Target Painter
  • FNG
I have an XTR2, a buddy has the Bushnell, I like the XTR2 better.  I'm going to the vortex razor gen 2 or AMG next year. 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 09:12:55 PM »

Sixgunner

• Target Painter
  • FNG
 I had the Burris XTR on my Tikka T3 and returned it.  I had trouble getting it to focus on max magnification and eye relief had to be perfect.  I'm waiting for the Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29 to be released. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:54:58 PM by Sixgunner »

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 05:18:59 AM »

Bentbolt

• Target Painter
  • FNG
The new hdmr2 and xrs2 have different glass then the older models. Every review says the new glass is night and day different