You are Here:
Quality AICS Magazine Options

Author (Read 1562 times)

Quality AICS Magazine Options
« on: February 19, 2016, 05:34:43 PM »

Colohunter

• Target Painter
    • Black Rifle Blog
So to go along with the post about the number of rifle magazines to carry, I wanted to ask about any alternative to the AICS magazines that people are using.  I signed up for the Battle of Breakneck and it will be my first PRS match, I've only done a couple of the local matches so far.  Right now all I have is a Remington 700 Varmint in 308 stuffed in a B&C stock.  I added the Magpul Bottom Metal to the stock and have a couple 5 round Magpul magazines right now. 

So what are the options for AICS magazine users.  I know the AI are the best, and come at a price.  Are there any other usable alternatives?  Accurate mag, etc...  I'm pleased with the Magpul magazines I have, but I don't think they will have the 10 rounders out in time.  So what are your thoughts?  I'll have to find a few 10 rounders in the next couple months.

Re: Quality AICS Magazine Options
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 05:33:22 PM »

joshua

• Target Painter
I use Accurate Mags for my personal rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor.  I get good results with them. 

I'm also using a 5 round Magpul mags and I like them.  I plan to try the 10 round versions, once I get them. 

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 11:04:35 PM »

crowdog7

• Target Painter
  • FNG
I use Accurate Mags too. At $67 each, they're good quality & I still save a few bucks over buying AI mags.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:58:24 PM »

Colohunter

• Target Painter
    • Black Rifle Blog
Thanks guys, I'll have to try out the Accurate mags.  I haven't had a problem with the 5 round Magpuls so far, so I'm definitely interested in their 10 round version, but I doubt those will be out in time for Breakneck.