You are Here:
AZ LRPRS info and schedule

Author (Read 1273 times)

AZ LRPRS info and schedule
« on: February 05, 2016, 03:35:16 PM »

mattsnuked

• Target Painter
  • FNG
Hello all, AZ Long Range Precision Rifle Shooters info can mostly be found via FB @ https://www.facebook.com/AZLRPRS

We hold Monthly matches at the local MCSO range every 3rd Saturday of the month. In the event we are attending a PRS match please check FB for schedule changes.
Summer start time 0700, Winter is 800
Range distances 100-1375 yards, we mix up the COF every month.

We do annual membership dues for supplies and steel maintenance but they are not required to shoot with us. Annual is $100, monthly basis for shooting is $15. Open for all to come out and shoot or spectate.

Feel free to send us a message here or via FB

Thanks,

Matt
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:15:19 PM by Jeff M »

Re: AZ LRPRS info and schedule
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 09:23:58 PM »

WildManPiet

• Target Painter
  • Go Home LeeRoy! You're Drunk!
Hey Matt!

I know some of the guys here in Sin City Precision have been talking about trying to be good neighbors and make it to your local matches more often.  We haven't coordinated properly to carpool or what not.   I believe we have a worker thing going on this month, and I am not sure how much energy I will have after the NM match, but I would like to come out.

I am on the verge of driving out solo to come hang out if you don't mind a mediocre at best 308 shooter to come out and play.

I know when I was scanning through the facebook page I was having a challenge finding the info you just posted which is very useful.  Can you give me some info on MCSO range (location and such)...   Facebook has not been updating me when you folks post stuff but I think I have that fixed now.  Also I think the instructions to use the PRS website doesn't work...   I got 404'ed clicking on one of your shoots...

Re: AZ LRPRS info and schedule
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 08:54:44 PM »

WildManPiet

• Target Painter
  • Go Home LeeRoy! You're Drunk!
Got this off their facebook page...   useful info.

We would like to welcome all the new shooters who have been coming out to our local matches and hope to see more of you. For those that are new to the game here is a short description about our matches, what is required, and what is recommended.
We typically host local matches the third Saturday of each month at the Maricopa County Sheriffs Office Firearms Training Facility in Buckeye. The range is about half a mile down the road from Joe Foss. Our matches follow the Precision Rifle Series style of competition. If you are unfamiliar, please search youtube for more info. Familiarity with the PRS rules would be much appreciated. They can be found here: http://www.precisionrifleseries.com/prs_rules.pdf
During summer months we start at 0700. During winter months, we start at 0800. Matches normally run 5-6 hours depending on attendance. Dates for matches will be posted on this page and on the PRS website.
You will need:
Eye and ear protection
A scoped rifle capable of 1 MOA or better
60 rounds of match grade ammo
A rear bag
A empty chamber indicator (chamber flag)
Everything else is shooter preference. We would recommend you have data on your rifle/round out to 1000 yards, a sling, a variable power scope at least 9x magnification (we shoot targets from 7 yards to 1300 yards), and a bipod at minimum. Other shooter aids are allowed such as support pillows, and front rest bags for barricades which is dependent on the stage.
Be sure to bring water, snacks, and other items you think you may need for a 5+ hour stint of shooting like sunscreen. Hope to see you at the range!